Tips on how men can have a more fulfilling sex life
You and your lover are sitting on the beach together. You grasp for each other's hands as the moonlight falls over the river. You both giggle as you watch the sea foam approach and retreat.
Is this an usual day for you? Work stress, long commutes, filthy dishes, and all of life's other obligations, for the most part, thwart our most ardent desire to connect with our relationships.
According to clinical psychologist Dana Brendza, PsyD, bringing individuals together, both inside and outside the bedroom, requires a particular level of dedication, work, and understanding.
"Knowing how your partner feels loved and sharing it in a meaningful way is the first step," she explains.
Receiving presents, acts of service, encouraging words, affection, and/or quality time can all help. While they all sound appealing, most individuals prefer one or two.
When you have a variety of love languages
Assume a married couple who speak different love languages.
The husband believes that giving gifts is the best way to win his partner's heart, so he puts in a lot of overtime to purchase her expensive jewelry. In the meantime, his wife prefers quality time to gifts. She would prefer that he not work overtime and instead spend that time with her at home.
Here are some more helpful hints for getting closer to your partner:
1. Remove the impediments. Make plans for a special date if you want to spend a romantic evening together. If this is the case, pay someone to keep an eye on the youngsters. Alternatively, do tasks that allow you to go to bed early. Even if it's your partner's turn tonight, you could clean the dishes.
2. Demonstrate gratitude. Some behaviors are self-evidently sending messages. If one partner is frequently online throughout dinner, never cooks or assists with dishes, or bathes the children, the other may feel resentful and exhausted. Small, kind acts of appreciation, as well as sharing the weight, are crucial. Make your partner's favorite supper or do something they enjoy, even if it's just going to see a female flick. These can go a long way toward instilling a sense of passion and connection.
3. Thank your partner for their efforts. Say something nice to your partner when you observe them doing something nice for you. Keep an eye out for these behaviors and make a note of them as you see them. If your partner, who isn't a coffee drinker, brings you a cup of joe every day for your long commute, congratulate them frequently for the effort they put in.
4. Talk about your partner's grievances. Too frequently, we dismiss or dismiss our partner's problems as minor annoyances. However, many of the concerns that come up on a regular basis are related to important requirements that your spouse may not be aware of. You can flip a complaint around by asking, "Would it make you feel more loved if I..." in a non-defensive manner.
5. Stay genuine to yourself. By avoiding watching porn or ogling others, consider loyalty to be the utmost commitment. Maintain eye contact with your companion and show your want to spend time with them. It's preferable to avoid temptations in the first place. Keep an eye out for elements that can cause a relationship to fall apart. Remember, there's no room for intimacy if your spouse doesn't feel safe, attractive, or secure.
6. Fight in a fair manner. We all lose our cool from time to time, but it's critical to fight fairly. This entails expressing anger without yelling, screaming, or shaming others. When battling is unhealthy, intimacy begins with comfort in vulnerability, which is exceedingly rare.
7. Be flirtatious. Make your partner feel seen, respected, and appreciated. Compliment others. Validate your partner's appearance and compliment them on their positive qualities.
8. Create a setting. Make the place feel warm and inviting. If your lover prefers, shower and use cologne. Make an attempt to look well-groomed. Candles should be lit. Consider giving your partner a massage or a foot rub to help you both relax.
9. Make your needs known. There isn't always time for the full treatment when it comes to sex and intimacy. However, there are faster ways to service everyone's demands if you can explain your appetite (even if it isn't equal). To be satisfying, it doesn't have to be a night with rose petals strewn across the sheets.